[Logo: Homes and Communities: U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development] Public and Indian Housing
[Vea la versi�n en espa�ol de esta p�gina] [Contact Us] [Display the text version of this page] [Search/Index]

Public and Indian Housing
About PIH
Public housing
 - Asset Management
 - - Funding
 - - Budget
 - - Accounting
 - - Management
 - - Oversight/Perform
Senior Housing Clearinghouse Center
Choice Neighborhoods
Housing Choice Vouchers
Public Housing Reform
Indian Housing
Rental Housing Integrity Improvement Project
Real Estate Assessment
Notices, rules & regulations
Online systems

HUD news




Working with HUD
Mailing lists
RSS Feeds

[The U.S. government's official web portal]  

PHA Insurance Requirements

- -
 Information by State
 Print version
Want More Information?

Browse through questions and answers on our frequently asked questions (FAQs) page and learn more about property/casualty insurance for housing authorities!

 -   Go to the FAQ

The Annual Contribution Contract (ACC) requires Public Housing Authorities (PHAs) and Indian Housing Agencies (IHAs) to maintain adequate loss prevention programs.

This Website is intended to provide PHAs and IHAs information regarding these loss prevention requirements.

PHAs can join risk retention groups which is an insurance company that is licensed or authorized to do business in the State by the State Insurance Commissioners and has submitted documentation of this approval to HUD, 24 CFR 965.205 (c) (1) (i).

Currently, the Department is updating the Property/Casualty Insurance Guidebook, HUD 7401.5. Through this website, we will keep PHAs posted about the progress in updating this guidebook, and other related information.

 -   The Property/Casualty Insurance Guidebook 7401.5
 -   Insurance Focus Group
 -   PH Risk Retention Pools

  Follow this link to go  Back to top   
FOIA Privacy Web Policies and Important Links  Home [logo: Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity]
[Logo: HUD seal] U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
451 7th Street S.W., Washington, DC 20410
Telephone: (202) 708-1112   TTY: (202) 708-1455
Find the address of a HUD office near you