[Logo: Homes and Communities: U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development]
[Vea la versi�n en espa�ol de esta p�gina] [Contact Us] [Display the text version of this page] [Search/Index]

About Housing
Contact us
 - Single Family
 - - Audience groups
 - - Buying a home
 - - SF Premium
 - - Events & training
 - - FHA insured loans
 - - Common questions
 - - Housing counseling
 - - HUD homes/ REO
 - - Owning a home
 - - Reference guide
Reading room
Online forums
Work online

HUD news




Working with HUD
Mailing lists
RSS Feeds

[The U.S. government's official web portal]  

Does HUD Owe You a Refund?

- -
 Information by State
 Print version
Consumer Alert

Read all FHA Refund Alerts!

Beware of "tracers" who offer to help you collect your refund for a fee. Although this practice is not illegal, you can get your refund directly from FHA for free. If

  • you feel that you've been misled or in some way harmed by a tracer; or
  • you've been contacted by someone asking you to become a tracer, who you believe misled or harmed you...
Let us know we'll check it out.

If you had an FHA-insured mortgage, you may be eligible for a refund from HUD/FHA.

Due to increased public interest, the Mortgage Insurance Premium Refund Support Service Center is experiencing a high volume of calls. Please be aware that the (800) 697-6967 number is up and functioning. In order to address the high volume of calls, the Service Center is in the process of having additional lines installed. Until the additional lines are in place we ask for your patience. Callers may continue to use the (800) 697-6967 number or email us at sf_premiums@hud.gov.

For more information about refunds from HUD/FHA, read our fact sheet.

Search our database to find out if you are due a refund

  • Enter your last name or
  • Enter your FHA case number (first 3 digits, a dash and the next 6 digits, example, 051-456789).
Case #:

You do not need to pay another person or firm to assist you in collecting your refund or share payment. If you need help with this form, call our support center at (800) 697-6967 or email us at sf_premiums@hud.gov:

  • to request a refund application, or
  • check on the status of your refund, or
  • your name does not appear, but you believe that you are owed a refund
Please read FHA Refund Alerts!
Content current as of 21 October 2014   Follow this link to go  Back to top   
FOIA Privacy Web Policies and Important Links  Home [logo: Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity]
[Logo: HUD seal] U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
451 7th Street S.W., Washington, DC 20410
Telephone: (202) 708-1112   TTY: (202) 708-1455
Find the address of a HUD office near you