HUD Logo
USA Flag  
Connect with HUD
HUD Mobile HUD Podcasts HUD Wiki
Site Map         A-Z Index         Text   A   A   A

CPD Grant Program Complaints:
CDBG, HOME, Section 108 & Disaster Recovery CDBG

HUD’s Office of Community Planning and Development (CPD) provides, Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), HOME Program, Section 108 loans, and the Disaster Recovery CDBG to state and local agencies to meet local housing and community development needs. Under these programs, state and local governments may undertake projects and provide services directly or they may provide grant funds to sub recipient organizations to administer projects and services.

State or local governments receiving funds under these programs are required to have a system to handle grant program complaints concerning their proposed activities and program operations. The following links includes contacts for these CPD Programs and information about each grantee’s proposed activities and accomplishments under their grant programs:

When a local CPD office receives a complaint about a grantee, it is forwarded to the grantee for response. In these cases, the local CPD office will review the grantee’s response for adequacy. If you still have questions and concerns about a grantee’s performance after receiving a response from their staff you can contact the Local CPD Office for further follow-up:

When HUD receives complaints about civil rights violations about grant programs, these are handled by the Offices of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO). Complaints about fraud, waste, and abuse about grant programs that represent criminal wrongdoing or HUD standards of ethics and conduct may be submitted to the Office of Inspector General (OIG). The following links provide information on contacts for these types of complaints:





Content current as of 12 November 2009
  Follow this link to go  Back to Top