[Logo: Homes and Communities: U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development] Local information
[Vea la versión en español de esta página] [Contact Us] [Display the text version of this page] [Search/Index]

Local Newsroom
Rental Help
Local HUD Offices
Common Questions

HUD news




Working with HUD
Mailing lists
RSS Feeds

[The U.S. government's official web portal]  

Problem Drywall - Resources for Florida Residents

- -
 Information by State
 Print version
More From HUD
 -   What is a healthy home?
 -   Healthy Homes publications

HUD encourages homeowners who believe they may have problem drywall to learn how to get help and to report the problem to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Here are some resources that may be helpful.

Federal and State Information
 -   U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) 1-800-632-2772, email - file a contaminated drywall complaint.
 -   www.drywallresponse.gov – follow the U.S. Government’s investigation, file a complaint, sign up for email alerts.
 -   Florida Department of Health - take a self-assessment test, file a complaint, get email updates.
 -   Interim Remediation Guidance for Homes with Corrosion from Problem Drywall - from CPSC and HUD
 -   Federal Trade Commission 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357), TTY 1-866-653-4261 – report scams, fake test kits, quick fix solutions; file a complaint; get free information on consumer issues.

Local Government Resources
 -   County Health Departments
 -   Property Appraisers – some counties may be allowing property tax abatement.
 -   Housing and Community Development Departments – local governments may use CDGB funding to address the rehabilitation expenses associated with problem drywall.

Efforts by Florida Members of U.S. Congress
 -   Senator Bill Nelson
 -   News article: U.S. senators: Give Florida residents with bad drywall mortgage help

HUD Press Releases
 -   04/02/10 HUD and CPSC issues guidance on repairing homes with problem drywall
 -   01/28/10 HUD and CPSC issue guidance on identifying problem drywall in homes
 -   12/22/09 HUD to assist homeowners facing drywall problem

Content current as of 1 July 2014   Follow this link to go  Back to top   
FOIA Privacy Web Policies and Important Links  Home [logo: Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity]
[Logo: HUD seal] U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
451 7th Street S.W., Washington, DC 20410
Telephone: (202) 708-1112   TTY: (202) 708-1455
Find the address of a HUD office near you